PA: (855) 995-0100
NJ: (844) 254-4400
Volunteers – Our Partners in Caring
Volunteers are essential members of our team. Holisticare Hospice offers comprehensive training about the complex issues concerning patients and families coping with a terminal illness. Our volunteers are well prepared to offer continuing support, helping families manage themselves in times of such difficulty.
Maximize your talents and personal strengths to help meet the needs of our patients and their families.
There are many ways to volunteer through Holisticare Hospice.
- Provide companionship for patients
- Assist patients with writing letters, answering emails
- Provide respite for caregivers
- Reading to patients
- Running errands
- Hand massage
- Touch therapy such as Reiki, Therapeutic Touch and Reflexology
- Music Therapy
- Pet Therapy
- Bereavement volunteers, who have experience in grief counseling and are willing to help families before and after their loved one’s passing
- Assistance with administrative tasks, including mailings, phone calls, assembling and delivery of marketing, admission and volunteer recruitment materials
- Photographers who can document our community events and presentations
- Volunteers who prefer to work from home can help to create Memory Books for specific dementia patients